Tuesday, October 15, 2013

When boring is a good thing!

Boring is usually a bad thing.  I've had my fair share of boring meetings, boring parties, boring dates (before my husband, of course!)... And in all those situations I can remember wishing I was somewhere else. Well, lately I am loving boring and I think Mom is too!

Nan's schedule:
Doctors visits have been swapped for lunches with friends.
Surgery and time in the hospital replaced with trips to the zoo, apple orchard and pumpkin patch. 
Bandage changes exchanged for walks after dinner and trips to the pool!

We have decided boring can only be fun for so long though... Which is why we decided to spice things up a little!

We will be headed to the Dells for some fun with the kids this weekend! Nobody is more excited than our 5-year old daughter, Ellie, but I actually think Mom is looking forward to swimming and splashing with some grandkids!  There is also some discussion going on about a trip to Hawaii in the spring with my sisters family!

All in all things are great. Mom is undergoing chemotherapy once a week, three weeks on and then a week off.  The regimen she is on is much less toxic than the chemo she had prior to surgery and so far there have been very few side effects.  The plan is to continue this chemo regimen for 6-9 months. 

So, the updates to the blog will likely continue to be infrequent as we enjoy some boring in our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment